AIA Lunch and Learn – Engineered Shading Solutions – The Next Generation in Window Coverings
AIA/CES Registered Provider Program Summary
Provider: Decorating with Fabric, Inc.
Program: Engineered Shading Solutions – The Next Generation in Window Coverings
Length: 1 Hour
Credits: 1 LU/HSW
Engineered Shading Solution are sustainable systems for both interior and exterior window coverings, which engage the latest technologies to control heat, glare, privacy and light.
- Strategies of Reducing Stress to Systems:
According to AIA, the basis of sustainable design is to reduce stress to systems. You will learn in this presentation how Engineered Shading Solutions reduce stress through effective and dynamic strategies:
- The reduction of solar heat gain entering into a space.
- The advantages of low voltage power over line voltage.
- Selecting fabrics that reduce excessive glare.
- Understanding how Engineered Shading Solution absorb sound.
- The 3 Components of an Engineered Shading Solution:
- Learn how to select the correct type of Engineered Shading Solution for your next project.
- Compare the different strategies in selecting interior and exterior fabrics to reduce solar heat gain, excessive glare and sound absorption.
- Understanding basic shading control options for all types of Engineered Shading Solutions.
- The Role of the Shading Solution Consultant:
- System Design
- Fabric Selections
- 3-Part Specification
Neil Gordon has served the commercial and residential markets for over 25 years, and is well known in the industry as an expert in Engineered Shading Solutions.